Friday 7 June 2019

It's not Jenga!

How many people asked me if I was making Jenga?  Okay, I concede that I had looked at it when considering size and scale but that is where that research ends.  

I have to make maquettes to understand the shapes, options and opportunities and to establish an advanced design.  I decided to make the maquettes from timber.  I have to stress that using woodworking tools can be very dangerous and that it is critical that you follow the written or demonstrated training.  Keep your hands safe, your eyes and ears defended and always, ALWAYS, ensure you know how to use the machinery properly.  Lastly, make sure you leave them clean and tidy for the next person needing to use it.


Using the band saw, rotating sander and pillar drill I soon turned some scrap wood into lots of lovely blocks.
 





Alright, I concede that they look like Jenga, however that is where the similarity ends.  Time explore the configurations.




I was delighted with the maquette results which in turn allowing me the time to collect my thoughts and finalise and design route... and here it is!



Now to make the real deal.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Antemortem

Antemortem This piece portrays the culmination of six months of research and development into the meaning of life, death and the inf...