Wednesday 31 October 2018

The big reveal

The final step for the delivery of this brief is the installation of the pieces.


I considered the available spaces and what would work best for my pieces.  I needed access to a mains power supply, a location that wasn't too bright, somewhere that I could wall mount the frame and a location that a plinth could be positioned safely.  I identified the location and set to work.


I made sure the walls and plinth were clean and gave them all a fresh coat of paint.  I then measured out the space and set up my wall hanging hooks (making sure I observed any potential wiring routes).


I then mounted the digital images and installed each of the component parts.





I hope you have enjoyed this blog about my exploration of 'non-place' and the process of creating this installation.  It should be on display at the college for several weeks so feel free to drop in and take a look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Antemortem

Antemortem This piece portrays the culmination of six months of research and development into the meaning of life, death and the inf...